Language Mentor helps with this problem. Language Mentor's audio-centric lessons allow you learn while your hands and eyes are busy doing other things. In other words, Language Mentor allows you to create study time where none existed before.
In a lot of ways Language Mentor simply takes a good idea - traditional audio based language learning courses - and improves on them. Like currently available audio based courses, it allows you to listen to dialogues, practice speaking the target language, etc. In addition, it offers some important advantages:
- Five different learning modes: repeat, translate, etc.
- Record/Playback for pronunciation practice
- "I Know This" button allows you to skip the parts of a lesson that you've mastered, and concentrate on unlearned content
- Individuals and institutions can create lessons for any language and publish them to the world
- Lesson libraries can be hosted anywhere on the Internet
- Language Mentor is open source software
- The Android version of Language Menter is available on the Play Store (an iPhone version is in the works) - just search for "Language Mentor".
- The iPhone version is undergoing beta testing and should be on the App Store soon. If you'd like to be a beta tester please contact us.
- Once you've installed the app and started it you'll see a series of setup screens.
- Select "Chinese, Mandarin" in the language selection screen (this is currently the only language for which lessons are available).
- Select "Use Recommended Libraries".
- Select "Yes" when asked "Automatically download lessons?"
- Wait for a lesson or two to download.
- Explore :)